Oil treatment? Essential oils? Body oils? Facial oils?
So many questions, so many thoughts but what is important is that you are finally researching into the benefits of oils for your skin and hair and as always, we are happy to enlighten you!
The focus today is on ( *drum roll*) : BAOBAB OIL
So, what is baobab oil?
Baobab seed oil, better known as, baobab oil is the extract from baobab fruits. This fruit grows on trees in major parts of Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Gambia, Kenya and Tanzania – to mention a few.
Most locals refer to the Baobab tree as the “Tree of Life” because the fruits produced are well enriched with several vitamins including Vitamins A,C,D,E and F and fatty acids including, Omega 3, 6 and 9 – these components are highly essential for the body, so you can tell that this oil is really giving us life.
With this background knowledge, let’s dig right into the benefits we can get from using this oil:
- Due to its richness, it helps with the texture and elasticity of your skin and as such, it is considered an anti-ageing formula by boosting the growth of skin cells – your skin will forever POP!
- It shields and protects the skin from oxidants the skin is prone to – making it the best natural antioxidant everyone should use.
- Baobab Oil naturally tones dark spots, scars and blemishes to produce an even skin tone and repairs damaged skin.
- With its mild aroma and light weight feel, it leaves the skin feeling refreshed and moisturised.
- It also replenishes the moisture and shine from dry and damaged hair when used as a conditioner.
- Adds texture and softness to your hair – your hair will never look dull!
Reading through all these benefits, you should know by now that baobab oil is VERY, VERY important for long lasting, glowing and moisturised skin and hair. So, we have decided to bless you with some tips on how a few drops of baobab oil can be used:
- Morning Oil Cleanser : unclog your pores applying a few drops directly on your skin, massage and wash it off with warm or lukewarm water.
- Night Serum : Release the dullness from your under eyes by applying a few drops right before bedtime and also, all over your face and body to achieve that glow – even after you wake up.
- Exfoliator : Making a homemade facial/body scrub? Add a few drops to your mixture. The aroma, non-greasy and silky texture leaves the mixture refined and soothing on the skin – let it stay for 5-10 minutes before washing off for a refreshed feel.
- Hair Wash Day – What’s a wash day without some oil treatment? Use the oil as a conditioner and hair breakage serum to help protect and nourish your hair follicle.
- Lip Care – Maybe your Lip Butter is finished ? Add a few drops to shea butter, apply on lips and *mwuah*, start off your day!
*FUN FACT: As this oil is absorbent, it penetrates once directly applied, so you do not need to thoroughly massage.*
Do not forget that to experience all these benefits, consistency plays a vital role. So, please stay true to your beauty regimen to allow your skin and hair to pop!
We hope as you have read this piece, you have been enlightened and are already placing an order from us – click here.
Ivy, R&R Intern
Leave a comment